Travelling anywhere with kids can be very challenging, my family does it regularly and have found some ways to make the process easier. Below are some of the things you can do with children in Hawaii. Every island is different but many of these can be done on may different islands. In this top ten list we are assuming your little ones are Newborn-8 years old. Hawaii is a very safe environment for young families as there is not as many Germs etc that can make you sick like many of the other tropical countries out there. The hospitals are also amazing, we were in emergency for something a year ago and they took us in within a 10 minute time frame and billed our insurance company directly. I have spent 25 days straight with young children on many islands in Hawaii and never ran out of things to do.
Here are our top 10 things to do with children in Hawaii.
- Waikiki Beach childrens area: The southernmost point of Waikiki beach has an area that is totally coved off for children it is very shallow and large boulders were placed in the water to stop the waves from coming in and knocking over your child. The location is close to restaurants and stores making it an easy, stress free day out with the kids.
- Hanauma bay state park is a beach area that is a great spot for kids to fall in love with snorkeling. It is shallow but there is an abundance of sea life here. The beach is also amazing!
- Dole plantation: The dole plantation is awesome with kids. There is a train that takes you through the plantation, there is ice cream and of course tons of pineapple. It is also an educational experience.
- Honolulu Zoo: Is close by everything and a fun day out
- Waikiki Aquarium
- Waimea falls park is a small hike to a waterfall and is something you can do with a stroller. It is beautiful and short enough for the kids to not loose interest.
- North shore drive and beach hop for the day
- Walk and fish along the canal. It is the easiest fishing your kids can ever try. You can buy a rod at Walmart that folds down and you do not need a fishing license for this.
- Shopping: There is a ton of new shopping centres in Waikiki. As well as outdoor markets
- Dinner cruise with the family or whale watching tour. They have huge boats that don’t rock much making it safe for the kiddies